Wednesday, May 9, 2018

De Historia Stirpum - Leonhard Fuchs A.D. 1542

I always liked nature and books. So the good combination between this two passions is becoming my personal collection of herbals of the past.
As you can understand, it would be almost impossible to buy the original ones (and sincerly for me over my possibilities) and therefore I opted for the facsimle versions of herbals.

I don't want here to write any history of the evolution of the herbals, but simply point out the single volumes I am going to put together in order to build my personal herbal library.



This is the Aboca facsimile "De Historia Stirpium Commentarii Insignes" published in Basilea in 1542. It is a real huge volume with a lot of picture and description of herbs and plants.

I chose between those - obviously - the Iris in the Latin text



No comments:

Post a Comment